My Updates

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sorry for the wait...



Oh my goodness, so much has been going on!

Since school started, I've had so much on my mind, it's been crazy!

Ok... ummm... today we met with several wonderful ladies at Essenza Photography. They were super excited about the Steampunk theme! The three ladies we met were all really impressed with what we have come up with so far! Especially Jen, who has told me that if she tells her husband about me that he might leave her, haha. She basically ran into the room when one of the other ladies told her and screamed "I LOVE IT! YOUR THEME IS SO COOL!" it was awesome, my mom and I are stoked to be working with them!

It's really nice, and somewhat difficult, to find people that are willing to embrace and get excited about our theme. We've been blessed to find people that are interested in it or even already have experience with it.

Which brings me to my dress. It's going to look only slightly (or not at all) like my drawings. You see, we've found a fantastic, brilliant lady named Stephanie that has experience with making Steampunk garments. Basically, her awesome is as such:

1. She specializes in Plus Size clothing
2. She specializes in Period dress
3. She's owned a corset-making business and was bought out/shut down because she was too good and was impeding on another company's profit
4. She totally is excited about the Steampunk theme
5. She does a ton of embellishment work by hand (which equals super expensive, but I'm going to be wearing these outfits more than once).

I'm going to have a separate outfit for the rehearsal(EDIT: reception), which is a major secret from my fiance, since he is going to see my Wedding dress before the ceremony for the pictures.

So basically, she is awesome.

Goodness, what else... we are sending out the engagement invitations, or have sent them out already. I have a bunch that I will be handing out to some people, but if you are reading this - chances are you might be on the facebook event, and a lot of you won't get a physical invitation just because there isn't much of a point. There isn't anything special about them, so don't feel like you are missing out.

Engagement photos are taken, by the way! There are a few of my favorites throughout this post, so enjoy those!

My website is all put together! My portfolio pages are flickr slideshows, which I'm not incredibly umm... content with. So lame, but I needed to get something there before I applied to an internship that I hope to get.

It's doing basically what I do for the Student Union at NKU, but I'll be doing it for Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati (let me hear ya say "WOOT!").

I'm taking my Intermediate Photography class this semester, and it should be my last photography class. We are able to do our own project, so I'm going to aim for Steampunk. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, let me know. So far I'm doing still lifes, and the League of Cincinnati Steampunks is going to the Old West Fest next Saturday for their Steampunk weekend, so I'm going to try to make a new outfit. Hopefully, maybe. I'll be uploading those pictures as I can. I have a few right now, but I'll save those for when I have more (probably after the Old West Fest).

I'm afraid we've decided against having a wedding planner, and that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

All right, that's all I have for now! I think that's enough, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment