My Updates

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Engagement Party




Sorry for the late update! A lot has been going on, but I've mostly been waiting to get some pictures from the engagement party from anyone, haha!

The party was fantastic! It was an absolutely brilliant time! I liked my outfit, we had Abuelos (a very nice Mexican restaurant) cater, so we had a fajita bar, the cake was so terrific, and the way we had the room set up was super fun!

Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy themselves. I'm not use to having so many people that want to talk to me, haha.

We created the cutest cards to give to everyone - they were folded in half, so had four columns. The front column described Steampunk. I took a lot of it from the wiki article, but elaborated on some of the concepts a lot of people don't generally understand.

While gifts weren't necessary, we appreciate the gift cards and other gifts we received - trust me, the majority of the gift cards have already been put to a very tasty use :)

------

All of the bridesmaids are measured! Stephanie has been kind enough to offer to streamline their dresses so we won't have to just buy them at David's Bridal, which would look terrible next to my dress. Which, oh my gosh, I'm thrilled beyond belief with how my dress is looking so far! My mother has been in Florida since the engagement party, and when I tried to tell her today what we've been talking about with the bridal party - I couldn't even finish talking. She's completely handed it over to me, which is a large responsibility since she wants the ceremony to be a little more traditional in a way and I want to respect her wishes the best I can while still maintaining the vision I have for this epic wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment