My Updates

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Dress (pics)

I'm excited to share that I'll be getting a new computer in the next few months, which means I can finally use my super-dooper software to make an even more awesome video - including an over-hour-long one that includes the entire ceremony! I'm stoked!

In the meantime, here is some pics of the dress I wore, including the reception outfit.

A bit if description - the fabric of both outfits is 100% silk. The same silk, in fact, that Princess Diana's dress was made from. I was in awe when my seamstress said she could get it!

The beadwork is all done by hand, with high quality beads and faux pearls. The pieces involve an underskirt, the skirt, an overskirt, a corset, a bodice, and a jacket. Also the hat, which is awesome.

For the reception, I ditched the skirt(s) and wore bloomers and a skirt cage.

Of course it can't be a Steampunk wedding with some awesome details! The corset features two very stylized pocketwatches. The same design is embroidered into the front of skirt. At the bottom of the skirt, each petal has a different design, with a "K" embroidered into the very middle back petal.

Anyways, I'm sure you want the pictures, so here they are -























No comments:

Post a Comment