My Updates

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011

It's been awhile since I've updated - there hasn't been much to say - lots of paying for things, haha.

----

Just got back from Ohayocon in Columbus, Ohio. It's an anime convention, but this year it was Steampunk-themed.

I don't have any pictures because I forgot the charger for my camera and I also didn't bring my video camera like the idiot I am. I got nagged on a lot because of that. I'll at least try to find an image of me in my outfit.

However, I can tell you that the con itself was decent. There was a whole Steampunk panel room that was mostly all Steampunk-related panels. One of my favorite panels here was the "Doctor Who: Original Steampunk or IS it?" which, I missed the first half and I think the reason I liked it so much was the banter between the 11th and 10th doctors who were running it. The 11th doctor ended up making out with the best Captain Jack Harkness look-alike cosplayer I have ever seen. They had a hand between them, but it was just beyond-words, haha.


There were a good many Steampunks running around, which was great to see. It was overall a great time.

My outfit was amazing, I can't wait for you to see it!

---

We had an "individual building" instead of team building excercize meeting for the workers at NKU's Student Union, so I had to go. The speaker they brought in was The Dating Doctor, which - when you are called that- I automatically assume you are full of "it". While the majority of the meeting went well, and I had fun. The last 5 minutes ruined any respect I had for the man and also my day. He said we could ask him any relationship questions we wanted, and so I decided "what the hell".

Him: "You, yes?"
Me: "I'm getting married in October, any advice?"
Him: "How long have you known each other?"
Me: "About 2 years."
Him: "How old are you?"
Me: "I'll be 23."
Him: "My advice would be to NOT get married. Statistics say that about 80% of couples who get married between the ages of 20-25 will end in divorce. If you can, wait a few years. A lot of young couples feel rushed into a married relationship by their parents or because it "feels right". You have to be sure you have the three kinds of love: Friendship, Romance, and Passion."
[Girl in front of my frantically shaking her head 'yes', which ticks me off more]
Me: "I can assure you that all three of those are present in the relationship."
Him: "Okay, well, good luck then. Next question..."

Okay, so a transcript may not come across as annoying as it was for me... because a lot of my frustration is that I had absolutely no chance to explain to him the basis my Travis and mine's relationship. He thinks he won, and it bugs me. Because he's full of bullocks.

Anyways, it still nags my mind a bit, but I don't like being compared to statistics. I've NEVER been a statistic.

---

For the wedding, as I said, we are just paying for a lot of things right now. We are suppose to start tasting food in March, but my mom needs to call the Cincinnati Club to make sure that's happening.

Right now, besides being married and all, I'm really excited about the table... which is in production (hopefully).

---

I'm going to make a new entry for the honeymoon news....

1 comment:

  1. Hey I was the Captain Jack cosplayer you mentioned who was at the Ohayo panel. Thanks so much for the kind words! I put some effort into the costume and love hearing feedback. =)

    ReplyDelete