My Updates

Thursday, July 1, 2010

How it Happened...

Travis and I had been dating for one year and five months. On June 20th we went to Topsail Island for a week holiday, which is an island right off the coast of North Carolina and I recommend it as a less-touristy Myrtle Beach.

The first night we arrived, Travis had driven the entire 14 hours, but since the beach was so close we decided to visit it after settling into the beach house with our company.

We looked at sea shells and joked about random things for a bit, when he began telling me how much he loves me and doesn't know what he'd do without me. I reciprocated his feelings.

"Well, do you know one way I can be sure to not lose you?" he asked, and I was going to say "Grow two heads", but realized that that was more of a deterrent. During my speechlessness, he pulled out a little green box with a beautiful ring inside.

Sunset, on the beach, on one knee, and I said "yes". Along with a few high-pitched "reeeallly?!?!"'s haha.

We stood on the beach for a good 15 minutes just hugging and doing the whole cheesy thing... you know kissing, staring into each others eyes, etc...

That was how it happened, hope it's gooey enough for you :D

2 comments:

  1. What a cute couple! I look forward to watching your plans progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much! Be sure to add any input, I'm really open to ideas :D

    ReplyDelete