My Updates

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bridal Showers pt.2

After a full weekend of Bridal Showers, my cheeks are hurting from laughing and smiling so much!

Saturday featured my girlfriends' shower while Sunday held the shower thrown by many of my mothers and mine shared lady friends.

The girlfriends' shower was hosted by my lovely friend, Myra, who is my Maid of Honor, at her apartment. All of my bridesmaids and many of my great friends were there, including Shane who happens to live in the apartment as well. Since he had nowhere to go and he's a pretty awesome guy, we let him stay, haha.

The presents were great! I can't wait to use, read, or wear everything!

The punch was awesome, the food was fantastic, and the company was most enjoyable :D We played a Project Runway game where the girls(and Shane) were divided into three groups with Myra, myself, and Sam being the judges. The groups then designed and created an outfit using toilet paper, magazine cut-outs and various accessories. It really was super fun ^_^ Then it was a guessing game to see who knew the most about me, but it was difficult to find good questions since I've been friends with most of them for nearly 5 years at least.

My teacup, which turned out to be an entire set!
At the shower on Sunday, it was another Tea Party. This one was different, however. Every lady who came brought a tea cup and saucer, which I was then given at the end of the shower. Pictures of these tea cups are spread across this post! Plus, the tea cup I was using turned out to be an entire set of 6 cups/saucers, a little sugar jar, a small pot for creamer, and a teapot! It was really funny - during the "teatime" we all made comments about how beautiful all of the tea cups were, but how the one I was using looked really Steampunk. I loved it! Plus, it's smaller, like more for expresso. Cute! So Carrie was very excited to know she picked a good set to give me, which was great!

Again, a ton of simply lovely presents! Between the tea, coffee, and wine accessories and items, Travis and I will certainly never go thirsty, haha!

We played a word-scramble game, which I was absolutely terrible at :). Then we had the "teatime". Debbie made some unique deviled eggs with avocado, then cherry tomatos stuffed with goat cheese, and cucumber sandwiches (yay!). Everything on that dish was green-colored, so obviously I made sure it sat in front of me ;-). The tea choices were Pumpkin Spice, [something] Chocolate, and another one that was a coffee-flavor (something something latte?) - I tried them all, but had two cups of the Pumpkin Spice ^_^.

Another dish involved almond-covered goat cheese balls, which I figured out tasted GREAT when eaten together with a strawberry! There were also ham salad and chicken salad finger sandwiches, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well :-D. Not to mention the AWESOME mini-finger-cake creations that Sky helped concoct! Oh gosh, I don't really like chocolate that much, but goodness there were ones that tasted like freshly homemade chilled hostess cake! And better! Then the red velvet, and the chocolate-covered strawberries... it was just all around a fantastic meal :D

After "teatime" we played another game - similar to Saturday's, it was "Who knows the most about Brittany". My favorite question was probably "What is Brittany's special talent?" and since no one really knew, I gave the hints "It doesn't involve and movement" and "A police officer might ask you to do this". Which, of course, ensued laughter and the awkward things that could possibly entail.

Obviously, it's that I can say the ABC's backwards, which they had me demonstrate.

Then it was present time, which of course I can't say enough thank you's to really cover how I feel. It's just a surreal experience to be surrounded by so many ladies I respect and for them to show their love and support for Travis and I. Every single one of them is a Godsend.

Lastly, there was a craft. My mother and my mother-in-law (mom^2) had taken several spoons from their relatives' china collections that were sterling silver and had the ends of the handles punctured to create holes. They also had a tin watering can with several holes around the top edges. We tied the spoons to the end of hemp string and then strung several brown, tan, blue, and orange beads until they were at a good length to be tied to the holes in the watering can.

So, the watering can hung upside-down now has 13 strands of beads with sterling silver spoons on the ends of them (there are the china spoons and also a few decorative spoons with lovely sayings on them) and a single heavy knife that was tied in the middle (hanging from what would be the "bottom" of the watering can).

If you haven't figured it out yet, it's a Wind-chime. And oh my goodness does it make a beautiful sound! I will post a picture and a video when I can!

So, needless to say, with one more shower to go in a couple of weeks, I'm completely overwhelmed with generosity, love, and kindness. God has always been a big part of Travis and mine's relationship, and I can see Him clearly in the people we are surrounded by.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, everyone!











(I will post pictures and anything else when I get them from other people ^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment