My Updates

Friday, September 16, 2011

Bridal Showers

Last weekend I had my first Bridal Shower with relatives from my father's side of the family. It was lovely! It was High Tea themed, so everyone was wearing fancy hats and picked out what tea they wanted.

Have I mentioned how much I love cucumber sandwiches? Travis's Grandma actually turned me onto theme, haha.

The presents were amazing, and we are grateful for every single one! We've already used the toaster, spice rack, George Forman Grill, and look forward to using the picnic basket! With this weather, I might try to steal Travis away for a trip to the park!

Also, Travis's mom bought us a wonderful 6-seating dishwear set that we look forward to using when our kitchen table gets set up! As soon as that all gets done and things calm down after the wedding (barring that I have a job at that point), I'm going to be inviting people over like crazy so I can cook!

The watering can is sitting on our bookshelf in the living room and looks great with our current decor - hopefully I'll be able to actually use it for gardening someday! The coasters will be great once the cake table becomes our coffee table!

My mother bought us a pot used for soups (and other things, which I'm looking forward to exploring, haha) and martini glasses.

All of the Gift Cards will be put to good use as well!

I'm really sorry if I missed anything so far, we're really super grateful for everything and will be sending everyone a thank-you!

I have another Bridal Shower later today with my girlfriends (steampunk themed), and then another one tomorrow afternoon with a lot of friends of my mother's and mine. Then in a few weeks we are having a "couples" shower with both Travis and I.

I won't deny sneeking peeks at the registries to see what items have a number under the "bought" column, haha.

We're so blessed to have so many people around to support us! It's really moving, and it just reassures us that no matter what happens, we have each other and we have a ton of people around us to keep us going. God bless, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment