My Updates

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Final Cake Flavors

I'm sure the top issue on everyone's mind isn't

"I wonder what the dress will look like!"

"Is there going to be food? Is it GOOD food?"

"Do I really have to buy them a present... I mean, I don't know them that well..."

or

"Why the heck is it a cash bar? Who does a cash bar anymore? Open bar for everyone!"

REALLY the main question on your mind is -

"What are the cake flavors!!!"

Because of course, the cake at the engagement party was SO DELICIOUS!

Well, you will be happy to know that Travis and I had a consultation with our super-awesome cake lady over at Incredible Endings and have decided on several things, including cake flavors.

I can't tell you too much about how they are going to look because it involves some details in my dress, but the flavors are free to know!

So first off we have a repeat of the fantastic Raspberry Chocolate cake with White Chocolate Mousse filling! This was featured at the engagement party, but a special addition this time will be an actual layer of raspberries on the cake! I ate leftovers for a week, haha!

Next is a not-surprising choice of mine: Pumpkin. I'm a huge fan of anything with the word "Pumpkin" on it (specially desserts and Starbucks... which is also a dessert). Withheld between the layers of this cake is a Butterscotch Toffee filling. Warning to those who need it: THIS CAKE CONTAINS ALMONDS.

And is going to be fantastic!

Lastly, some guests will be presented with a more traditional White (Vanilla) flavored cake. The twist is the Caramel Liquor filling! Since it's a cash bar wedding, Travis and I wanted to give you all a little extra kick with this one!

So there you have it! A chocolate cake, spice cake, and vanilla cake - all with twists and turns! Everyone should have at least one that they enjoy!

At the reception, the cake will be served to you. The caterers will cut the cakes in the kitchen and bring them out, scattering the flavors amongst the guests.

If you are allergic to almonds or simply want a specific flavor, feel free to switch with anyone or ask for it specifically.

Feel free to try bites of the cakes surrounding you as well, so you get a little taste of all of them!

Also, if you ever have any cake needs - head over to Barb at Incredible Endings! She does amazing work, and her cakes rank among the best I've ever had! She uses an Italian Buttercream frosting which is to die for! She's a real incredible talent, and I'm glad we found her in our Cincinnati Wedding Guidebook!

1 comment:

  1. Found you through 20sb! Happy wedding planning!

    I think I am looking forward to the cake tasting too! I know fiance is def looking forward to it!
    I love bakers who still use buttercream! I hate fondant!

    http://tattoosandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete