My Updates

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Honeymoon, Day 3

Forgive me for not updating every single day, but I'm sure you can assume that I'm slightly distracted by how sexy my husband is :)

The Bed & Breakfast we stayed at the night of the wedding was beautiful! I hope I get to stay there again for a longer period of time! We didn't actually get to enjoy the group breakfast experience because of how early our flight was, so the lady and gentleman of the house made us a take-away breakfast (in a cute lunch bag!).

We almost forgot the marriage license, which we needed since my name appeared as "Brittany King" on the airplane tickets. Apparently our minister accidentally ran away with it, haha! But, some magic was worked and Travis and I got to see our parents one last time before heading off to St. Simon's Island!

At the airport, we got through without any problems at all. Travis spotted this adorable hat and I fluttered my eyes a bit... so it's mine now :-D

About an hour and a half later, we were in Jacksonville, FL. We got our rental car (which is the coolest green-gold ever!) and headed off to the island (stopping at Cracker Barrel for lunch first).

Once we got to our room, we were amazed by the fantastic view of the lighthouse and the ocean!


We settled in, discovering that our suite was awesome. Everything from the fridge and microwave, to the shower, to the surround-sound, to the complete media setup, was simply amazing! I only wish there were more electrical outlets. We're kinda technologically-driven people, so we need charging areas, haha.

After that we decided to check out the local terrain. I knew from my previous research that we were right next to a pier and very popular street - full of different kinds of shops and restaurants.

Since it was Sunday night around 6pm, we found that a lot of the stores were closed. We checked out a sweets shop, took a look at an expensive salon and said "no" (I'm looking into cutting and dying my hair), and then decided to eat at a place called "Iguana's". It's a seafood restaurant known for it's fantastic shrimp. Our waiter gave us the full story on why their shrimp tastes the way it does (something to do with where they feed and how it filters out all of the bad stuff, giving them a nice, sweet taste). Since it was the first night of our honeymoon, we splurged a bit. I got a shrimp meal that came with a crab cake, hushpuppies, coleslaw, and green beans. Travis got a different, cheaper shrimp meal and also a side of crab legs.

It. was. amazing. Honest-to-goodness, I may never eat at Red Lobster again.

Then the place had free ice cream. Yummy ^_^

By then we were too tired to do anything else, so we headed back.

That's when I discovered that my phone takes panoramic pictures.


And that is the end of day 1.

Day 2 we went shopping at a mall, which was dead, and mostly hung out in our room. We did go back and get cupcakes at the sweets shop we went to on Day 1. Their Pumpkin cupcakes were fantastic!

Today is Day 3, we plan on doing a bit more shopping and then renting bikes. We did visit the beach for a minute yesterday and the water was cold, but not freezing... just takes some getting used to... so we are planning on riding over there to try swimming a bit.

I'll let y'all know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment