My Updates

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Honeymoon, Day 5

So where did I leave off? Tuesday? Day 3?

Yes. We ended up not renting bikes that day. Instead, we went to a local mall and then to wal-mart to pick up a few things, like food so we're not spending $20 a meal, haha.




Wednesday we rented bikes and hung out at the beach for awhile. However, it was extremely low tide so the shore line was rather dirty. We didn't get in the water, but flew a kite and enjoyed the beach for an hour.

We had lunch at a little cafe that had a really good roast beef panini, then rode our bikes around for awhile before retiring to our hotel room for the night.


Thursday we turned the bikes in and headed up to Savannah, GA for the day. As much as we have been telling people that we want to move there, neither of us have actually visited the place.

It. is. beautiful.

We were instantly amazed at the architecture and landscaping.

If you don't already know, Savannah is home to the Savannah College of Art and Design, one of the most prestigious private art colleges in the nation, and Travis and I both want to attend. So naturally, our first stop was their gift shop. After looking around, we asked the lady for advice on where to eat. She directed us to a great burger place about 4 blocks down the street. She was right, it was amazing!

After that, we noticed all of the trolleys running around town full of people, so we decided to join in! Though a tad expensive, we got two tickets for two trolley rides - one that involved a historic tour of the history of Savannah and another later that night that was a ghost tour.

I'm so glad we did the tours - it really sealed the deal for why we want to move down to that city! Beyond the beauty, the history would have me walking around for weeks! I just want to take pictures of the entire place! I mean, really, the two main districts are the "historical district" and the "victorian district". Not to mention the "colonial district" area. There just really isn't anything I don't like besides the lack of jobs in my field that are open. And the cost of living is a bit high.

We did a lot of shopping in between the tours, and a lot of talking about how soon we can move down there.


Today and tomorrow are mostly chill-out days. We did finally visit the lighthouse across the street from our hotel, which was beautiful! However, I've experienced really bad vertigo around heights (not including roller coasters) ever since I saw a girl fall to her death from about three stories high during a Christmas play. So I didn't stay up there that long.

 
We then had lunch at Southern Soul, which has been featured on a number of programs - including Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives! And for a good reason! Their BBQ Pulled Pork was AMAZING!

Then Travis and I went to Moo Cow Ice Cream, which has unique flavored homemade ice cream. I got a Pumpkin ice cream sundae (hot fudge, caramel, nuts, whipped cream, etc...) and Travis got a Guinness ice cream milkshake! The literally take an extract of the Guinness Beer and add it to the cream! AWESOME!

We've spent the rest of the day at the hotel, watching TV and starting to pack a bit.

Tomorrow we're going to take a trolley tour around St. Simon's Island and then finish packing before heading back home on Saturday!

On a side note, I did lose my ID and it was recovered at the Cincinnati Airport. However, that means we are going to have to deal with some stuff going through TSA in the Jacksonville airport.

I miss home, and I'm especially looking forward to eating Chipotle when I get back. That is one of the only issues regarding us moving to Savannah - there isn't a Chipotle within 100 miles of the city :'-(

No comments:

Post a Comment