My Updates

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Bachelorette Party - A Doctor Who Murder Mystery

If you're anything like me, you will be jealous when I tell you what my Maid of Honor, Myra (and so many other people that showed up) pulled off for this shindig!

First off, I began having no idea what we were doing. It was a complete surprise. All I knew is that I was asked to begin wearing my steampunk outfit, to bring a comfy change of cloths, and to bring my PJs. Also, my Lantern (a NRETNAL my steampunk persona uses to travel through time and dimensions) and my sonic screwdriver (River Song's from Doctor Who). And to bring a snack if I wanted, but I didn't have time to make or buy anything.

I drove to pick up Alys and bring her back to my house, since she had foot surgery in August and can't walk without crutches still. Sam would be picking us up when we got back to my place.

I live in the West Side of Cincinnati. We drove to Alexandria, KY - maybe a 40 minute drive, to a winery/vineyard.

This is where the fun began!

It was a Murder Mystery party and a wine tasting party all in one! I was given a character sheet, which was, of course, my steampunk persona, Lady Eleanor Gentry Vesper, and apparently I was at my engagement party celebrating my marriage to the Doctor. As in, Doctor Who, "The Doctor". Google it. British sci-fi show that's been on since 1963 with 11 different actors playing the Doctor (10 is my fav, followed by 11 in a close second).

So we ate, then the wine tasting began. I ended up buying a bottle of "Raccoon Red", which is a sweet red wine - which I am enjoying right now as I type. It's almost gone.

Me, Taylor, and Shane (sitting down)
We began the murder mystery portion by introducing ourselves. There was a good 14 people in attendance, so there were a lot of characters to go through. Caleb and Abby had been playing up their characters of Bonnie and Clyde the entire time.

We get to the end and Myra says something like, "I think that's everyone!" Unbeknownst that I was suppose to say this (as it seemed like I was), I said, "Aren't we missing someone?"

Suddenly, Taylor stumbles out of the dining area of the cabin (thing) and falls on the ground. He ended up tearing a hole in the elbow of his shirt, and he was holding my sonic screwdriver (which I had given Myra previously). Since he fell near me, I helped him up. Shane, whose character was Jack Harkness (Doctor Who, google it), started saying things such as, "Doctor? Is that you? Is this really the Doctor?" While I was all like, "No, no, didn't you see the pictures on the table in there? This looks nothing like the Doctor."

The pictures were of Travis and I. Travis was originally suppose to be at the party and play the Doctor, but because of lack of/mis - communication he didn't ask off of work.

So I looked directly at Myra, "Seriously... you're gonna make me do this?" In a sarcastic, funny way. Thus, Taylor was my temporary fiance for the duration of the day.

Turns out a machine from Torchwood was stolen/lost in a time rift and was operated in order to kill the Doctor. However, it causes them to loose the victim's memories first, and since the Doctor isn't human, he regenerated to avoid death. So apparently either Matt Smith turns into Travis who turns into Taylor... Or Matt Smith turns into Taylor...

In any case, awkward. Funny, but awkward, haha. :)

So the "Doctor" doesn't remember who he is and we have to figure out who at the party operated the machine that caused the situation. As we are going through the first "phase", several people start asking to see my Lantern, especially Clyde - saying he wanted to see all of the pretty lights. I told him someone was holding it for me.

My friends are BAMF
At the first "event", Bonnie and Clyde attempt to kill myself and the Doctor in order to get to my Lantern. Alien "lawmen" (that the Doctor and I had fought before, alongside Bonnie and Clyde) had forced the two to steal my lantern and give it to them or else everyone would be destroyed.

The thing is, I picture the actual
people/actors in my head. And it's
AWESOME!
I'm not use to my close friends pointing guns at me, even fake ones, haha. Especially when they are actually pretending to threaten my life. It was fun :)

In the end, Jack (Shane) stopped the two and reassured them that once we figured out how to get the Doctor's memories back, we could save the day.

I actually said to Clyde, "Have you ever seen an episode of Doctor Who?! It all gets fixed at the end of the episode!"

Sam and Jake
Jake was Detective Sloan, who was interrogating people. Him and Sam's character ended up confessing their love for each other in the second "event". Also, Myra was a Pirate Queen from Scotland who had worked with Jack as a Time Agent.

Squee and Ivis's characters were sisters with a disconnection. I missed a lot of this storyline, I think. Ivis's character hated the Doctor for taking Squee's character away, I think... but there was an excuse for it, so they made up in the end.

Sara
Sara was the future President of the World. She was just fun - there was probably more to it, because she was inquiring about my Lantern at one point, but it didn't get much further than that for me.

Alys was a friend of mine that traveled from the World of Steam with me. She was going back to take the herbs we collected and was trying to get me to go back with her.

Mallory was another friend from the world of Steam, she had left our group when she fell in love. She was also highly into explosives.

Renee was a high schooler who was on a mission to kill Myra, I think.

Several things happened either fast or at the same time, so following every detail and retaining it is a bit difficult, haha. Especially since we all had some wine in us.

Myra - Renee Standoff!
In the end, Clyde and Jack (Caleb and Shane) I think were the ones who guessed right. I didn't guess at all because I felt like I didn't know some peoples' stories.

It was Alys. The whole time. Her character was trying to get the Doctor "out of the way" because she wanted me to come back to the Steam World with her.

So that was the FIRST part of my Bachelorette party! :)

The second part I'm not going to go into too much. It was a Pure Romance party - which Shane and Taylor stuck around for, which was amusing. Normally men aren't allowed, but they're special, haha.

Not sure, but it's cool lookin'!
So that was a great time! Things happened, things were talked about, Shane got an unusual bruise on his forehead, and I got a few presents :)

After that, Mallory and I had picked out some movies out of the local Redbox. We were sad they were out of "Hocus Pocus", so we got "I love you Phillip Morris" - which was nothing like what I was expecting when I picked up a Jim Carrey movie. Then we watched "Arthur" with Russell Brand.

I then slept over and haven't gotten much sleep since. So I'm going to do that now :)

6 comments:

  1. oh cool! I love Doctor Who! Very awesome theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get the ideas, characters, etc. from a kit or did you make it up yourselves? My daughter is a huge Dr. who fan and I want to do a Dr Who murder mystery party for her birthday party... Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s an interesting share. At the convention center in LA we too hosted annual business party. The staff of that location was very cooperative. It was a big venue which accommodated all of the invitees quite nicely. I am totally impressed with the services availed over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look around. We are at the right before you with some unlimited fun. Find us for Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Birthday Party, or any occasion. Get start ... Hampton strippers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This method is actually aesthetically truly the most suitable. Every one associated with tiny illustrates tend to be meant by way of numerous history abilities. I suggest the program quite a bit. Tampa strippers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Miami strippers for bachelor party

    ReplyDelete